- The Playback feature is available with the Professional, Professional Plus and Global Satellite Plans -
Playback and Past Track are two features, combined into one tool, that enable you to replay all vessel activity in a specific area at any given time in the past, or just view a vessel’s previous route on the Live Map.
In this article you will learn about the following:
Activating Playback on the Live Map
To use the Playback feature, click on the Playback icon on the Live Map Toolbar.
Clicking on the Playback icon will prompt the Select mode & date range Playback control box to come up
Note: The available Date Range depends on your Plan and is depicted on the "Custom" option. Click the drop-down arrow, select one of the preset options, or select "Custom" to set your own desired date-time range.
- Select an Area. This option will replay the tracks of all the vessels included area you have selected. Select a date range and then click on Play.
Your zoom level is below 10, a message will appear and a target option, as well, informing you that you need to zoom in the desired area.
If the zoom level is 10 or higher, the map will automatically zoom to display all the vessels in the area.
- Select your fleet. This option will replay the tracks of all the vessels included in the fleet you have selected. Select a date range and then click on Play. The map will automatically zoom to display all the vessels of the fleet.
- Select vessels. Search and select a specific vessel to replay the tracks. If more than one vessel is selected, the map will automatically zoom out as much as needed to display all the vessels of the list. Select a date range and then click on Play.
Please keep in mind that the number of vessels you can view simultaneously depends on the Vessels Historical Track allowance of your subscription level.
- Demo. Select one of the preset playback demos to review the capabilities of the tool. Select a date range and then click on Play.
The demos available include some indicative cases where a playback may be required, such as high traffic areas, port close-ups, regattas, and incidents.
Once you are in the Playback Mode, another menu will appear that will allow you to:
- fast forward the vessel's movement and slow down by clicking on the Playback speed option
- reverse the vessel's activity, and see them moving backwards, by clicking on the two arrows sign.
Furthermore, you can select whether you want the tracks, the names/MMSIs of the vessels or the speed to be displayed, as well as the Nearby vessels, the events and weather details, as well as the waypoints, by ticking the appropriate box.
Playback is designed to support incident review, pattern analysis media reports, regatta racing observation and any application based on historical tracking data. You may take your time to explore the infinitive possibilities with Playback!
Note I: Guest users will be allowed to view any of the available "Demos" and a playback of a single vessel. Logged-in users who have not purchased the playback service, apart from the Demos, will be able to select a fleet and see the playback for the last 3 days.
Events, Weather and Waypoints details are only available through a Plan subscription.
Past Track via Playback
In case you just need to view the vessel’s previous route on the Live Map, you can pause the Playback and the Past Track feature will take place.
Clicking on the tool Settings, you are able to select a different date range, or add more vessels.
Note II: The available Date Range depends on your Plan and the Events, Weather and Waypoints details are only available through a Professional, Professional Plus, and Global Satellite Plan subscription.