Live Map is the key feature of MarineTraffic. It enables you to move around the globe with ease and directly track down any vessel that may be of interest to you with efficiency.
In this article, you will learn about the basic functionalities that you can do while on the Live Map such as the below:
Move around the Live Map
There are two basic actions you need to perform in order to move around the MarineTraffic Live Map with ease and efficiency:
1. Moving around (2-dimensional)
This way you will be able to get to anywhere that interests you and focus on certain areas or points of the Live Map.
Two-dimensional movements describe the ability to move end-to-end from left to right and from top to bottom (and vice versa) on the Live Map. While holding down your mouse's left button, move your mouse to the desired direction. This will result in dragging the Live Map so you can get to the area that interests you.
2. Zooming in and out
Once you find the area of the Live Map that interests you, you can zoom in to take a closer look. Of course, you can always zoom out in order to get a broader view of the Live Map.
There are three ways you can perform these actions:
- You can double-click your mouse's left button. This will result in zooming in with the key point being the one your mouse's index was over. Double-click again to zoom in further.
- You may use your mouse's scrolling wheel. Scroll it back and forth and you will be zooming out and in respectively.
- Lastly, you can use the tool at the top right end of the Live Map. Click on the plus or the minus symbols to zoom in or out respectively.
View the Live Map in Full-Screen
- Available with the Professional and Professional Plus plans-
You are just one click away from getting the MarineTraffic Live Map in full-screen at any time. Simply, click on the Full-Screen icon on the Live Map Toolbar.
Once you do, the layout will change and the Map will take up your whole screen.
At the low right corner, you will be able to find a link to our Support Page. If you want to exit the Full-Screen Map simply press the Esc Button.