Click on the Vessels tab on the MarineTraffic main menu to access the MarineTraffic recorded vessels' search pages. Select the "All Vessels" option.
You may now enter your search term in the appropriate field and search for every vessel that has ever been recorded by MarineTraffic and matches your search criteria.
Use the available filters to further refine your search criteria:
- First Letter (search for vessel names which start with a specific letter)
- Destination (enter a certain destination and track down vessels which are heading there)
- Area (locate vessels that are in certain areas)
- Flag (search for vessels under a specific flag)
- Ship Type (get results regarding vessels of a specific type)
- Company (search for vessels that belong to a certain company listed in our Bussiness Directory - this filter is available to Pro plan subscribers and above)
- Length/Deadweight/Year Built/Speed (use the respective sliders to further refine your search criteria)
- Vessel Status (search for active/inactive vessels)
Search results are displayed in rows and each row refers to a certain ship. Some fields are informative (Flag, IMO, MMSI, Type, Area) but you can perform various actions by clicking on the links provided in the others.
- Click on the Vessel Name to get to the Vessel Details page of her (notice that the icon below the vessel's name informs you about her movement status)
- Click on the Photo to view all the photos (if available) of this vessel in the MarineTraffic Photo Directory
- Click on the Last Position Received icon to view the vessel on the Live Map
- Click on the Current Port or Last Known Port to get there on the Live Map
- Click on the Destination (where available) to get there on the Live Map
- Use the My Fleet options to manage this vessel in relation to your fleet(s)
Note that you can order the displayed results by clicking on one of the following column titles: IMO, MMSI, Vessel Name, Photo, Type, Area. Click twice on the same column title to reverse this order.