There are two ways to view all the Latest Positions of any vessel as recorded by MarineTraffic:
- click on the Position History link from the Vessel InfoWindow
- click on the Latest Positions link in the Voyage Info section of the Vessel Details page.
In any case, you will be able to get to the MarineTraffic Exploration Tool page of the vessel you are interested in where you can view the history of her positions as recorded by MarineTraffic.
You are able to search for other vessels by simply typing another vessel's name in the appropriate search field. Search results are displayed in rows and each row is a separate record of a past position of the subject vessel as registered to the MarineTraffic database.
You can see the following information for each recorded vessel position:
- Timestamp (UTC): The date and the specific time that each position was recorded (time in UTC)
- Source: The type of source that received the information on the vessel's position
- Speed (kn): The speed (in knots) that the vessel was moving at when her position was recorded
- Latitude (°) / Longitude (°): The specific coordinates of the vessel's position at the respective recording time
At the bottom of the page, you can get informed regarding the total amount of search results returned, move through the results pages or select the number of displayed records per result page (10/20/50).