You may visit the Port Details page to find all the available information regarding any port (or marina) you are interested in.
Vessel in port
The most common ways to open the Port Details page are as follows:
- by typing the port’s name in the Search bar on the top right corner of the screen. The drop-down menu will appear with the alternatives so you will be able to select the one of your interest (in cases of synonyms, make sure that you click on the name of a port and not on the name of a vessel with an identical name). As soon as you click on the Port name, you will be redirected to the Details Page.
- by clicking on the Port`s icon on the Live Map, and clicking on the “Details” button.
- Or by searching in our Ports Database using the Explore tool. As soon as the Port is found you may simply click on the Port`s name under the Result column:
In the Port`s Details Page, you will be able to see the basic details such as Port`s location and time-zone which are displayed just below its name.
You may click on the “Show on Map” link to have a close look at the port on the MarineTraffic LiveMap. By clicking on the numbers next to the “Vessels in Port” and “Expected Arrivals” you will see the respective lists.
You will be able to see the Port area by using the Mini Map.
Note: The vessels` icons in the Mini Map are still active, you may hover your mouse over any of them and get informed about the corresponding vessel.
On the top bar of the page, you can find the port name, along with the origin Country.
Additionally, there is a link “Create notifications for this port”. By clicking on it you will be able to set up notifications related to the subject Port that best suit your needs from a broad list of available notification types. Please learn more about how to create Notifications here.
All the vessel movements that take place in the subject port are recorded and can be found in the next section of the Port Details page. You may click on the appropriate tab to get information about:
- Vessels in Port - the list of vessels that are currently at the subject Port
- Recent Arrivals and Departures - all the recent Port Calls made to the subject Port
- Expected arrivals - list of vessels that are expected to arrive at the subject port
- Wind forecast - upcoming local wind speed & directions as well as Temperature
A list of companies that operate or have offices in the respective area, included in MarineTraffic Business Directory, can be found in the Port details page as well. Please click on the company's name if you wish to review the respective company's Business profile page.
At the top right corner of the Details page, you may find photos of the subject Port. You may click on the “Upload a photo” button and upload your own photos of the port.
Finally, the available traffic data for each port is displayed on scrutable charts. You may click on the respective tab to see all the available data.
Please note that our Port Congestion service will give you access to the port congestion data for activities over the last 1 year that will enable you to check weekly waiting times by port, market, and vessel size class.