This is a brief list of benefits that you and other MarineTraffic users will enjoy when you decide to become a contributor to the collection of AIS data and start covering your area:
- Vessel tracking information on your area will be made available to the whole world, contributing to the efficiency and transparency of the shipping industry!
- You will be part of a vibrant community that provides millions of people with valuable information which is used in countless research areas and professional applications!
- Depending on the performance of your station, you will be able to enjoy MarineTraffic's services to a wider extent as contributors are eligible for the Professional and Professional Plus plan for free!
- Your data can be used (by you or other MarineTraffic users) for building awesome applications with the use of our API services!
- Participate in station operators contests organised by MarineTraffic and win prizes and gifts!
- Last but not least, if vessels and/or amateur radio excite you as much as they excite us, you will be able to experiment with antennas, AIS equipment, radio signal propagation, and ship-spotting!