Click on the Vessels tab on the MarineTraffic main menu to access the MarineTraffic recorded vessels' search pages. Select the "Vessels in Range" option.
This way you can directly start searching for vessels that are within the range of any of the AIS-receiving stations that comprise the MarineTraffic Network at the moment of the search.
Use the available filters to further refine your search criteria:
- First Letter (search for vessel names which start with a specific letter)
- Flag (search for vessels under a certain flag)
- Ship Type (get results regarding vessels of a specific type)
- Length/Speed (use the respective sliders to further refine your search criteria)
Search results are presented, as usual, in rows. Some fields are informative (Flag, Type, Length x Breadth, Destination) but you can perform various actions by clicking on the links provided in the others.
- Click on the Vessel Name to get to the Vessel Details page of her (notice that the icon below the vessel's name informs you about her movement status)
- Click on the Photo to view all the photos (if available) of this vessel in the MarineTraffic Photo Directory
- Click on the Area link if the vessel is stopped to get to the Port Details page of the port she is currently in
- Click on the Received icon to view the vessel's position on the Live Map
- Use the My Fleet options to manage this vessel in relation to your fleet(s)
Note that you can order the displayed results by clicking on one of the following column titles: Vessel Name, Photo, Type, Area, Received. Click twice on the same column title to reverse this order.