Keeping up with the times, we have created two apps that will help you navigate better in the comfort of your own mobile device!
MarineTraffic Mobile App
MarineTraffic Mobile App allows you to use MarineTraffic on the go. Take advantage of the rich features of our Platform on the mobile version of it! You should be able to:
- Explore the enormous MarineTraffic Vessels Database and find information on more than 100,000 Vessels (per day) which report their positions via the MarineTraffic AIS-Receiving Network.
- View Vessels on the Live Map, search for ships, ports and lighthouses and see which of them are near your current position.
- View Animated Playbacks and Events Timeline of any vessel's track.
- Browse through millions of Photos of vessels, ports and lighthouses.
- Upload your own Photos of maritime interest to the MarineTraffic Photo Directory.
- Monitor your Fleet’s movement and last updated positions on the Live Map
- View vessels traffic in your own Custom Areas.
- Set-up Notifications and be informed about all the latest occurrences on your mobile device's screen.
Moreover, there are several In-App tools to further extend the App's capabilities:
Nautical Charts - See the marine environment in more detail than ever before.
SAT-AIS data - Access the most recent positions received by satellite, and get the most up-to-date vessel location information possible.
Weather Maps - Combine vessel positions and weather information.
Density Maps - Customise your view of global vessel traffic, based on observed movements along derived port-to-port routes.
Fleet Extension - Group, track, visualise and share the vessels that matter to you.
Augmented Reality - interact with reality, identify Vessels (Ports and Lights as well) around you at a glance.
Route Planner - a powerful tool, ideal for voyage planning.
To learn more about how to best use the MarineTraffic Mobile App, click here.
OnCourse - boating and sailing
OnCourse - boating and sailing is the latest addition to the mobile apps of MarineTraffic. It is a sailing navigation aid packed with a set of cool features. Apart from enabling you to monitor your entire voyages while at sea and report your positions to MarineTraffic, you can also see and identify all vessels around you, save your past voyages and store them for future reference.
Register your vessel in the world's most comprehensive maritime database and give your loved ones the chance to know your whereabouts in near real-time. Upload photos of your boat or share what you see on your screen with your friends and family.
To learn more about how to best use the OnCourse App, click here.