Sign-in to your MarineTraffic account and click on the Solutions button. On the Solutions page, scroll down to find Date Services option and click on the Submit a historical data request button: Alternatively, you can click on the relevant link in the footer section of the MarineTraffic homepage, Data Archive.Scroll down to the bottom of the page where the application form for exporting Historical AIS data is located at.
Note: Fields with the (*) indication are mandatory.
Apart from providing us with some basic information about yourself, you are able to fully customise and personalise the extent of the data you wish to gain access to by using the available options in the form. In fact, you can define any aspect of the following parameters (try to define them as fully as possible):
- whether you are interested in Historical Positions or Port Calls ("Type of data" field)
- whether the data source will be from both Terrestrial-AIS and Satellite-AIS or not ("Satellite / Terrestrial" field)
- if you are interested in a certain area, specify its min/max Lat/Lon values ("Area Coordinates" field)
- if you are interested in certain vessels, specify their Names or MMSI/IMO numbers ("Vessel MMSI(s)" field)
- if you are interested in a certain Port, specify, if possible, its UN/LOCODE ("Port(s)" field) or its MarineTraffic Port ID (as included in the subject Port's Details page URL)or its Name and Country ("Request Details" field)
- specify the intended use of the Historical data ("Business Case" field)
- if you are interested in a certain time period, specify the Date/Time from/to values ("Request Details" field)
- let us know of any additional information you may want (name, type, dimensions, flag etc) regarding a vessel's details ("Request Details" field)
Upon filling the form, click on the Send Request button. We will manually review your request and inform you about the total cost of providing you with the requested Historical Data.