In this article, you may learn how to access a vessel's voyage data including ETA, calculated ETA and Route Forecast along with other information concerning the vessel's journeys.
You will learn more about:
- How to get access to the voyage data information
- How to get animated playback for Vessel track
- How to get animated playback for multiple Vessels track
How to get access to the voyage data information
Please note that extended access to the Voyage Data Information is available for users subscribed to Voyage Data service, Professional and Professional Plus Plans or the Fleet Operations Solution.
However, as a Basic user, you still have access to the basic Voyage Data such as the reported destination and reported ATD/ETA.
Voyage Data information about any vessel at a glance can be viewed:
directly on the Live Map through the Vessel Info Window
or through the Vessel Detail Page
Please check the Voyage Information section where you will be able to:
- monitor the progress of any Vessel's voyage in no time, as indicated by the position of the blue arrow along the line that connects the origin and the destination ports. Both port names are shown along with the respective ATD (Actual Time of Departure) and ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) for the subject Vessel.
- get the vessel's Past Track displayed on the Live Map, being able to see the speed and vessel events as well as the weather conditions, that existed at the time each particular position had been recorded.
- get dynamic, Calculated ETAs by MarineTraffic based on data-driven information that takes into account AIS-reported details (speed, course, reported destination), past voyages and shipping lanes!
- get Load Condition to get more details about the most recent AIS-reported Draught of the subject vessel, the Max Draught that has ever been reported by her and the current Draught Ratio (which defines her Load Condition).
This piece of information is also visible on the Vessel Details page (included in the Voyage Info section along with other voyage-related details and options).
- get Route Forecasts based on actual routes as recorded by MarineTraffic through all these years of experience! What's more, get dynamic point-to-point forecasts about any part of the predicted route along with the relevant details!
How to get Animated Playback for Vessel track
You may get the vessel's track displayed on the Live Map and the Show Track Options toolbar will be automatically brought out. Please click on the Play button and you will be able to get animated vessel tracks.
Once the Playback Mode is activated you will be able to:
- fast forward the vessel's movement and slow down by clicking on the Playback speed option
- reverse the vessel's activity, and see them moving backward, by clicking on the two arrows sign.
Furthermore, you can select whether you want the vessel name, MMSI or the speed to be displayed, as well as the Nearby vessels and the events and weather details, by ticking the appropriate box.
By clicking the Settings button, you will be able to select different tracking Date Range as well as select alternative Playback mode.
Note: The available Date Range depends on your Plan and the Events and Weather details are only available through a Plan subscription.
How to get Animated Playback for Multiple Vessel track
Since earlier we have discussed how to get the animated vessel tracks, it is time to review how to get the animated track for multiple vessels.
The Multiple Vessels' Tracks can be activated through the "Select mode & date range" Playback control box which you will see by clicking the Settings button:
Select the mode "Vessels" and type the names or IMO/MMSI numbers of the vessel you are interested in.
Note: Up to 10 specific vessels can be added.
You can click the X button to remove any vessel without having to remove them all and start over.
Once you are ready click Play and you will be able to see multiple animated tracks on your screen.
Note I: The playback set of controls is exactly the same as the one that you use when you only view a vessel's track.