In this article, you will learn what you can do through the Top and Side Menu options.
It consists of three buttons:
- view the Live Map in full-screen
- enter Cruise Mode (or edit your current voyage, if the Cruise Mode is already activated)
- access the Side Menu
- View the Live Map in full-screen
- Enter Cruise Mode (or edit your current voyage, if the Cruise Mode is already activated)
- Access the Side Menu
The Side Menu consists of three sections: Actions, Views and Tools. You can open the Side Menu by tapping on the respective icon or simply swiping right to left from right end.
Here, you can choose what actions to perform through the OnCourse App.
- Start Sailing - If you tap on this option, you will enter Cruise Mode. Then you may set-up your voyage and...fair winds on your sails!
- My Voyages - This option enables you to view all the Past Voyages that you have stored or recorded using the OnCourse app.
Using the Views options you can select what kind of maritime assets will be displayed on the application's Live Map.
- Layers - Upon selecting this option, a series of Ports, Marinas, Anchorages and Navigation Aids (Lights & AtoNs) icons will be overlaid on the application's Live Map. Tap on the 3 dots icon at the right end of the Ports option to select the kind of assets that you want to overlay.
- Weather - By tapping on this option, you will activate the Weather Layer and, by tapping on the relevant icon, you will see the available options to choose from the Weather service. The Weather option is available through the OnCourse Plus service.
- Near Me - This option shows a list of all maritime assets that are near your actual position. If Cruise Mode is activated, you will be able to see the name and other details of any asset in the list.
You can also tap on any asset's name to locate it on the Live Map or tap on the blue info icon to visit the Details page of the respective asset containing information about it.
Further, you may tap on the 3 dots icon at the right end of the Near Me option to customise the relevant options. Using these options, you can define the maximum distance (between 1 to 100 NM) of maritime assets that will be displayed on the relevant list and define the kind of assets (Ships, Ports, Lights) that will be included in it.
Here, a set of tools is available for your use. Please note that some of them are available through the OnCourse Plus service.
- Augmented Reality - this area enables you to identify Vessels, Ports and Lights though the camera of your mobile device. It is available through the OnCourse Plus service and you can learn all about it here.
- Route Planner - this area allows you to plan your routes, as explained here. This feature is also available through the OnCourse Plus service.
- Photo Upload - here, you can upload pictures of maritime interest to the MarineTraffic Photo Directory.
- Settings - Through the Settings area, you can manage the configuration of several sections of your App, as detailed here.
- Share - you can use this option to share a screenshot with your friends and family of the action you get on your screen!
- Exit - To minimise the App, meaning it will remain open, you can tap on this option. However, if you wish to logout from your MarineTraffic account, you will need to access Menu > Settings > My Account & Purchases.