The Top Menu consists of three buttons that enable you to (from left to right):
- view the Live Map in full-screen
- enter Cruise Mode
- access the Side Menu
Note also that if Cruise Mode is activated, there will also be another button that enables to quickly edit your Current Voyage.
Tapping on the Menu icon on the top right corner of the OnCourse app, will result in bringing out more options (this can also be done by swiping - right to left from right end).
The Side Menu is divided into 3 sections - ACTIONS, VIEWS and TOOLS. Let's have a look at the available options!
- Start Sailing - Tap on this option to enter Cruise Mode. Set-up your voyage and...fair winds on your sails!
- My Voyages - This option enables you to view all the Past Voyages that you have stored or recorded using the OnCourse app.
Using the Views options you can select what kind of maritime assets will be displayed on the application's Live Map.
- Ships - Select this option so that you can be viewing the most recent vessel positions. Note that you have to be on Cruise Mode to view vessel icons and information about the corresponding vessels.
- Ports - Select the Ports option and a series of Ports, Marinas, Anchorages and Navigation Aids (Lights & AtoNs) icons will be overlaid on the application's Live Map. Tap on the 3 dots icon at the right end of the Ports option to select the kind of assets that you want to overlay.
- Near Me - Tap on this option and a list of all maritime assets that are near your actual position will be brought out.
Note that if Cruise Mode is activated, you will be able to see the name and other details of any asset in the list. What's more, you may tap on any asset's name to locate it on the Live Map or tap on the blue info icon to visit the Details page of the respective asset containing information about it.
Tap on the 3 dots icon at the right end of the Near Me option to customise the relevant options.
Using these options, you can define the maximum distance (between 1 to 100 NM) of maritime assets that will be displayed n the relevant list and define the kind of assets (Ships, Ports, Lights) that will be included in it.
- Photo Upload - use this option to upload pictures of maritime interest to the MarineTraffic Photo Directory.
- Settings - tap on this option to access the Settings sub-menu
- Share - use this option to share a screenshot of the action you get on your screen with your friends and family!